Here are our most popular exclusive features of 2022. Pass this on to your friends; if they like these, they can sign up to receive our RSS feeds.
- Choose a better response. Don’t accept reflexive reactions. Instead, learn to know there is a “space” before responding.
- To be more productive, try doing less. The best way to get lots of things done is to not do them at all.
- The good of working for a micromanager: be aware of the details your manager cares about and expect to learn a lot.
- A hack to resist temptation: commit to not giving in for 15 minutes. Even a simple distraction can break the trance.
- Get good at things by being bad first. If you aren’t willing to be bad initially, you’ll never get started on anything new.
- Get rid of relationship clutter. Make room for more supportive and nurturing relationships.
- Don’t be a prisoner of the hurt done to you. While you are the victim of another who has caused you some suffering, she herself is also a victim of suffering.
- Nothing like a word of encouragement to provide a lift. Everyone needs hope. Look for honest ways to offer even a little nudge of encouragement.
- The secret to happiness in relationships is lowering your expectations. You’d be happier to accept other people’s difficult behaviors when you expect less from them.
- Cancel culture has a condescension problem. If we can’t stand up for the right to speech that we dislike, why keep the right to the speech we do like?
And here are some articles of yesteryear that continue to be popular:
- Lessons on adversity from Charlie Munger
- If you’re looking for bad luck, you’ll soon find it
- The power of negative thinking
- Fight ignorance, not each other
- The Fermi Rule & Guesstimation
- Don’t let small decisions destroy your productivity
- How smart companies get smarter
- How to manage smart, powerful leaders
- Care less for what other people think
- Expressive writing can help you heal
- Accidents can happen when you least expect
We wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2023!