If you notice a drop in energy, motivation, or productivity, try these simple ways to help combat employee exhaustion:
- Clarify expectations
- Where possible, lower the standards and relax the deadlines. Encourage less perfection.
- Give employees the right tools and resources that they need to do their job effectively
- Allocate some tasks to other employees
- Appreciate, reward, recognize
- Give employees some time off
- Reduce travel and meetings
- Offer counseling and mentoring
Employee stress and problems at work that are not dealt with effectively can quickly spill out into other parts of an employee’s life. In fact, many marriages go bad when stress at work is at its worst: people use up all their willpower on the job; their home lives suffer because they give much to their work.
Make employee welfare a key area of focus to promote better work environments and keep employees engaged.