Wondering if you’re on the burnout train?
Take this self-assessment quiz to check if you’re really feeling the burn.
- Are you starting and ending most days feeling like you’ve been through the wringer, both physically and emotionally?
- Do you carry around this constant sense of cynicism, where everyone and everything seems to let you down or drive you crazy?
- Have you reached a point where you’re losing the ability to connect with your colleagues or clients on an empathetic level?
- Ever feel like you’re stuck, like you don’t really have control over your day-to-day life?
- Has anyone, or maybe even your closest peeps, raised an eyebrow about some changes in your habits? Maybe you’ve amped up the drinking, smoking, eating, or other not-so-healthy behaviors?
- Finding it hard to finish up tasks that used to be a breeze? Procrastination starting to take over your life?
- Do you seem to always be in crisis mode nowadays? Any tiny change to plans or assignments causing a major freak-out?
- Is your body giving you more signals than usual? Are colds hitting you right after those big deadlines?
If you’re nodding along and checking ‘yes’ to four or more of these questions, it could be that burnout is paying you a visit.
Don’t brush off those burnout signs at work.
Feeling constantly tired or cranky is your cue to make some changes.
Don’t be shy about asking for help. Prioritize tasks, and make sure to carve out some me-time.
Idea for Impact: If the cracks are appearing, don’t wait for breaking point.